Rev. Msgr. Michael J. Eivers
January 21, 1928 - January 10, 2017
Founding Pastor, 1995 - 2011


Rev. John Peloso
Pastor, 2011 - 2021


Rev. Albert Lahens Jr.
Parish Administrator, 2021 - Present

Our History

Father Michael J. Eivers was the founding pastor of St. Edward Catholic Church when established in 1995, given his assignment to build a church in the Everglades in western Broward County by Archbishop Edward McCarthy; hence the name St. Edward.

In the very beginning, Sunday Mass was celebrated in the home of a few parishioners who assisted
Fr. Michael in establishing the parish community. From homes, the St. Edward moved to hold weekend services at a movie theatre located near Pines Boulevard and Flamingo Road before breifly holding litrugies at Walter C. Young Middle School. By 1997, our parish held weekend services in the cafteria of Chapel Trail Elementary School. With a groundbreaking occurring on October 4, 1998 the first liturgy was held on property on October 24, 1999 with a formal dedication by Archbishop Favalora on January 22, 2000.

In June 2011, Monsignor Eivers retired from active ministry. A month later, Father John Peloso was appointed Pastor by Archbishop Wenski with approximately 2,700 registered families. With continued growth, the community celebrated a milestone with the payoff of the church mortgage in May 2019. In June 2021, Father John retired with Father Albert Lahens Jr. elevated to the position of Parish Administrator.

 
Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!